Fortcryl 8240, due to its good cohesion, cohesion and tack, is especially indicated as self-adhesive “P.S.A.” mainly in the manufacture of polyoleinic films in general. The film obtained with Fortcryl 8240 is transparent and slightly yellowish. It also has the following characteristics:
• Excellent anchoring without primer on various substrates, for example, polyester polyethylene, pretreated polypropylene (corona treatment) or even on
• Good water resistance.
• Good adhesion on kraft paper, metal, P.V.C. blankets etc.
• Medium adherence to low temperature
• Good aging resistance
• Excellent resistance to organic solvents and plasticizers, mainly to DoP (dioctyl-phthalate), widely used as a plasticizer in the manufacture of PVC films.
• Good resistance to heat and ultraviolet rays.
• Optimal cohesion even when subjected to high shear efforts. Fortcryl 8240 based self-adhesives can be applied with the user’s own application systems such as direct roll, reverse roll, reverse gravure etc. Fortcryl 8240 drying is fast which brings high machine speed advantage. In the development of self-adhesives “P.S.A.” based on Fortcryl 8240, prior tests should be done as its compatibility with other components of the recipe and interaction with other materials such as tackifiers, wetting and defoaming etc. is influenced by many conditions which are impossible for us to predict, even with our experience. For the development of formulations/application processes based on Fortcryl 8240, please contact the technical department of Oswaldo Cruz Química.